Sunday, July 02, 2006

Results

The Bag got tenth place in the 2.5k shorthanded event. It was a volatile day where he won and lost a lot of big pots and finally Dutch Boyd trapped him with a weird button limp with JJ which paid off when Bag flopped top pair with 96 in the big blind.

I had 6850 in chips after level one which was pretty incredible but not as many chips as Nappy had. Naptown was chip leader of the whole 1800 player tournament for quite a while before losing a gargantuan pot which set him back to average status but he did make the money. The Fish and I both lost big coinflips shortly after the dinner break and missed the money. My hand was a bit strange as I raised in the cutoff with KQs and Kent Washington reraised about 28% of his stack in the big blind. I sort of thought he might be full of shit so I went all in and he instacalled with 77 which held up and I was out.

Despite missing the money again it was an encouraging day as I played a little more fearlessly. The very first hand I reraised in the dark and won the pot with 92o which gave me some confidence to trust my instincts and make some plays. I made one or two terribly weak plays later on in the tournament which cost me. I won't be playing again until the 5k NLHE on July 4th which is the marquee tournament before the main event at the end of the month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home