Thursday, June 29, 2006

Settling In


The 1.5k limit hold em was a weird tournament for me. I never had any chips or any cards but I hung around like a cockroach for quite a while. I beat Allen "Chainsaw" Kessler's AJ with AT and then doubled again with AQ vs AJ. A gracious dead money benefactress helped keep me afloat after that with a couple donations and at one point I found myself above 4k after spending most of the afternoon below 1k. Unfortunately I didn't win a pot after that and went out with about 240 left shortly before the dinner break.

I've busted out of so many tournaments recently without making the money that it doesn't sting a bit when I get the boot. The last couple days I hardly felt disappointed at all walking out of the Rio. Maybe I am expecting to lose. Party Poker has been so kind to me lately that I don't care much about losing tournament buyins.

Although I continue to despise Vegas, the weather, the Rio, the WSOP, the people running it, the cards I receive, the weakness I exhibit at the tables, the throngs of idiots in the poker area, the coddling of poker "superstars", and most of the other players, I feel pretty okay with life right now. I don't really expect to do anything special this summer and I don't really care too much. The house is comfortable, there's plenty to do, I can always play cash games, and a bunch of friends are headed this way.

Tomorrow should be a fun day as the Bag and Nappy will be playing the 2.5k shorthanded NLHE along with Toph, Paul and I.

___

Wednesday evening: 1 hr, +4471
Event #4 Limit HE: -1500
Year to date: 136,038

2 Comments:

Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

The weakness u exibit? Be like BITCH my YTD is 130k what is yours. STFU I'm not talking to you. Then slap them. NOT the girly slap. The man pimp slap. If that doesn't get you respect... u better keep it online.

1:42 AM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

Oh hey. BTW if it is okay with you. I've been thinking and I would really like to come visit sometime this month. I think it would really help my game. I'm off to camping for 3 days, so gl in the WSOP.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home