Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Fifty Songs of the Month


The Song of the Month tradition began late in my first year of college, growing out of the Song of the Day correspondence I had with my friend Leo. The Song of the Month is a big deal to me, something I think about constantly. It's quite an "honor" for a song to be named SOTM. There have now been fifty, and I can name them all off the top of my head. They'll be with me forever. Here is the complete list:

2002
April: Cornershop - Brimful of Asha
May: Pete Yorn - For Nancy
June: Cornershop - Lessons Learned From Rocky I to Rocky III
July: Weezer - Why Bother
August: Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue
September: Outkast - Rosa Parks
October: Everclear - Hating You for Christmas
November: The Guess Who - No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature
December: Bruce Springsteen - I'm Goin' Down

2003:
January: The Who - Behind Blue Eyes
February: Charlatans - How High
March: Blur - Tender
April: Superdrag - Sucked Out
May: Led Zeppelin - How Many More Times
June: Toadies - Tyler
July: Guster - Amsterdam
August: Audioslave - I Am the Highway
September: Kenny Rogers - The Gambler
October: The Strokes - 12:51
November: The Verve - Lucky Man
December: Stereophonics - Nothing Precious At All

2004:
January: Travis - Love Will Come Through
February: Nada Surf - Blonde on Blonde
March: Pink Floyd - Time
April: White Stripes - I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself
May: Bob Dylan - A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
June: The Darkness - Love Is Only A Feeling
July: Powderfinger - My Happiness
August: Eagles - Take It Easy
September: Badly Drawn Boy - I Love N.Y.E.
October: Eagles - Desperado
November: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Venice Queen
December: Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

2005:
January: Jimi Hendrix - Bold as Love (instrumental)
February: Blondie - Heart of Glass
March: The Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
April: The Wrens - Happy
May: Badly Drawn Boy - A Minor Incident
June: Green Day - Holiday
July: Embrace - Ashes
August: Audioslave - Doesn't Remind Me
September: Coldplay - Swallowed in the Sea
October: Traveling Wilburys - End of the Line
November: Clem Snide - Moment in the Sun
December: Goodshirt - Fiji Baby

2006:
January: AC/DC - It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Want to Rock and Roll)
February: Van Morrison - Stranded
March: Willie Nelson - He Was a Friend of Mine
April: Cardigans - Live and Learn
May: Fatboy Slim - Praise You

___

Tonight I hit a monster draw to win a pot of around $8000. It was a super interesting hand and I may analyze it sometime in the future.

Sunday afternoon: 2hrs, -1539
Tuesday afternoon: 2.5 hrs, +3387
Tuesday night: 2.5hrs, +5150

Year to date: 125,895

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home