Monday, August 07, 2006

The Hunt For the Bracelet(s) Continue(s)


The Fish did not put in a single preflop reraise the entire day today. Anyone who has ever played with Kwickfish online would have a hard time believing that but I swear it's true. He was able to hit a couple big hands, cracking aces twice, and then played rock solid poker at a table of huge stacks at the end of the day to finish with just over 2 million. He's playing far different than he was during the WPT Championship but this kinder, gentler play is getting the job done. With 45 players left he is right in the middle of the pack.

With Paul's huge run I have elected not to play in the 10k Bellagio event as planned and will instead play a $1500 WSOP event or two, as I did today. The amazing thing is even if I win a bracelet I could end up making more from the 4% stake I have of Paul. The Fish has already wrapped up a huge sum and in the next few days that amount could become truly life-changing. If he should happen to make the final table, it will dramatically change MY life.

I made a decent run today, accumulating a lot of chips via suckouts, but I was really card dead and ran 99 into QQ after the dinner break to bust.

Monday I take another shot at a bracelet, but the real excitement will be getting updates on Paul. I'm expecting a small field of average players in the 1.5k NL tomorrow with most of the best players in the Bellagio tournament. I've heard some differing reports but the main event will either play 4 levels or down to 27.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spencetron said...

you really need to keep a journal. Cardplayer is the wurst thing in the world. Just ask Kobyashi. He is really the wurst. P.S. Please keep writing.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home