Friday, July 28, 2006

The Grand

Today five of us took a helicopter tour of the Hoover Dam, the Grand Canyon, and the Strip. It was pricey but spectacular, and an excellent way to clear the mind in preparation for The Colossus. 8000 is the number most commonly thrown out as the over/under. We wound up with 7 horses from the House of Pain: myself, Paul, Toph, Gambler, MasterJ, PiMaster and Matt. Nick was in, then out, then in, and finally decided his head was not clear enough and his bankroll not big enough.

I will be playing without bankroll pressure or fear of losing. My mind will be focused entirely on the tournament and little else. I was talking to someone today and realized that I have come to believe that I now have all the tools necessary to win this tournament. I believe I can do it. If it's not me, then I fully expect someone or someones from the house to get very deep in this thing.

I played some more 25-50 tonight. I was cruising along, bludgeoning my opponents, playing wonderfully, until I slowplayed KK and lost about $3k to GetPunked83's TT on a 443T2 board. Again I thought I was one of the best players at the table, but then again, the tables were around 90% rounders. I do think the lower limit greener pastures will be more lucrative, but my ego wants me to play the highest game available.

Tomorrow begins the highest game in the history of games. Matt is our only horse launching in heat one.
___

Tonight 25-50: 1.5 hrs, +1535

Year to date: 173,862

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home