Saturday, August 12, 2006

Rubbing It In

From: Thomas Fuller (gnightmoon@gmail.com)
To: marketing@partypoker.com
Subject: LOL

To Whom It May Concern -

About one month ago I sent you the following email:


Subject: Some of Party Poker's Finest Making Runs on Tournament Circuit

Hello. My name is Thomas Fuller and I have been a regular on Party Poker for almost three years now. For the last two years I have consistently played the highest-limit cash no limit tables available on the site. Although I am a professional player who plays mostly online, I play exclusively on Party Poker.

The reason I am writing this email is to inform you that my group of friends and I have started playing frequently on the live tournament circuit, and have been very close to some major successes. Three days ago my friend Paul Wasicka finished 14th in the 5k NLHE at the WSOP, and I finished 11th in the same event. Paul placed 15th in the WPT Championship main event two months ago.

My friends and I have rented a home in Las Vegas for the World Series and are playing almost all of the NLHE and PLHE events, including the main event. The players staying at this house are all Party Poker regulars, including

Thomas Fuller (tfuller, GnightMoon, APotIsAPot)
Paul Wasicka (kwicky, Kwickfish)
Christopher Moore (gcnmoo, schnie23)
Jason DeWitt (TheMasterJ33)
Joel Patchell (gamblegambel)
Nick Saxon (hostileblue)
Chris Viox (PiMaster)

As the 5k NLHE got down to the last two tables Wednesday night, Paul and I began talking to potential sponsors about a licensing deal if we made the final table. I feel that each of us on the list above could make a major breakthrough at any time, and wanted to give PartyPoker the "heads up" on sponsoring us. Like I said earlier, I've never played on any site but Party, and would like to give PartyPoker the opportunity to sponsor us before another site swoops in and steals us away.

Thank you for providing the games that have made this all possible. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Sincerely,

Thomas Fuller


Your response was as follows:


Dear Thomas,

Thank you for contacting us.

We would first like to congratulate you for your performance at the events! We thank you very much for your continued patronage. We have added an amount of $25.00 to your account in goodwill. We do acknowledge that this might not completely justify the kind of bonus you might deserve. However, we just thought we could express our gratitude!!
We have forwarded your e-mail to the marketing department so that they can look into the matter. We request you to write to marketing@partypoker.com for matters such as this in future.

Regards,
Srinivas
PartyPoker Customer Care

About a week later the marketing department got back to me with this response:

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your kind email. I am glad you are enjoying our games. Online poker is a good platform to hone your skills and I am glad we could contribute to your current offline success. Unfortunately we do not sponsor any players "in advance". After a successful major event, we will be happy to negotiate a very attractive deal, but not at this point. Good luck in the main event. I hope you will be joining us at our Party at MGM.

Kind regards,
Irina Evita Cornides
VIP Marketing Manager

Since then both Chris Viox and Jason DeWitt made final tables at the WSOP, I cashed five times total at the WSOP and Paul Wasicka did pretty well in the main event. Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Thomas Fuller

4 Comments:

Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

Nicely handled there Tom. REAL mature. hahah :D

5:01 AM  
Blogger Carter Rose said...

as I was watching the final table late into friday morning I would see Paul's 888.com hat and kept chuckling to myself at party's rediculous response to the email you sent them...Congrats to the both of you! and screw PP

Carter

10:34 PM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

Hey put me on observetheownage :). Please :D

6:45 PM  
Blogger GnightMoon said...

Party Poker has not responded to this latest email

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home