Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Hunger

I watched the 2006 WPT Championship tonight won by Joe Bartholdi and was stunned by how poorly they all played except for Men the Master and Roland de Wolfe (both short stacked)...if they can do it I guess maybe I could too...I would like to play in the '07 one but don't see how I can conjure 25k out of thin air, and don't plan on being in Vegas for the satellites and prelims...

I haven't played in several days now and don't plan on returning for several more. Summer of 2005 I took a similar break after getting reamed at the WSOP and then immediately went on the biggest rush of my life...I'm hoping that will happen again but I think the poker industry is falling apart faster than most people realize - in order to beat the games these days you have to play your A game the whole time AND run good; no one is donating...

Anyways at some point I will be back - maybe in three days, maybe in three months...the only guarantee is that when I return I will be hungry - I will not play until my soul is screaming that I must.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I've given up poker too! But that's because I'm broke. Don't make those of us without your talent and winning record hate you.

The two best final table performances I have seen in the last six months are Gus Hansen in Australia and Jason Sagle (bigbird) in Niagara.

JC's quick victory last night was more a result of the table blowing up than anything he did.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Bag said...

All aboard the gnightmoon emoticoaster!!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

I think that's exactly what you should do and not just now but always. Do you know what most people would give to take a break from work or school whenever they want for as long as they want without any adverse consequences? You'd be stupid not to take time off when your gut is telling you that you'd rather be doing something else. I know you disagree sometimes but I believe that while the amount of time off you need may vary, you'll always have the desire to come back sooner or later because you love poker and you're a competitor.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Cyrus said...

the only thing i can compare it to is my music writing.

sometimes i just hit a wall with it and need to get the hell away from it all for awhile. i think our minds need time to digest experiences for their beneficial attributes and metaphorically crap out the rest =/
crude analogy, but it's been my experience.

then when i come back to writing it's fresh, new, fun, and BETTER.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home