Monday, March 12, 2007

Shooting Stars

Toph got third in the Wynn 10k event. He and Ted Lawson made a $50k save right before his bustout hand (QT vs KJ on QJT) so he walked with a tasty $242k. This result was completely unsurprising to me as Toph has been annihilating the 25-50 on Stars for a while now and also seems to have no problem playing live. I expect this to be the first of many six figure scores for him if he chooses to play a lot of big tournaments.

The final table was one of the greatest in recent poker history and wound up like this:

1 Zachary Hyman $729,033
2 Ted Lawson $384,120
3 Chris Moore $192,060
4 Chris Roos $103,712
5 Mike Matusow $76,824
6 Scott Fischman $57,618
7 Michael Mizrachi $48,015
8 Johnny Chan $38,412
9 Chau Giang $34,571

Although Toph, Hyman, and Roos are not known names I was not surprised to see it come down to them and Lawson despite the overwhelming beasts they were against. Roos is an extremely nutty unpredictable maniac who I first figured had no idea what he was doing and eventually conceded might be an incredible original talent. Hyman is an ultra solid young guy who had a look on his face the whole tournament that he just knew he was going to win. I expect all three of these guys to make some more noise on the circuit before the end of the year.
___
At the last minute, Alex convinced me to come to San Jose for the Shooting Star 10k event and here I am. I play tomorrow (Monday). Without making any bold predictions or wild "Tom Fuller Guarantees" I will just say that I feel something in the air.

3 Comments:

Blogger . said...

just look for the moo

4:50 PM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

Remmeber to stake me once u make it big... :(

12:50 AM  
Blogger Jaheed said...

the moo?

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home