Monday, January 14, 2008

Black and Blue

My starting table for the Aussie Millions main event included Andy Black, Jon "apestyles" Van Fleet and Mike "Timex" McDonald. I had never before played with Black but had heard some tales from others and seen him on television quite a bit. My impression was always that he was a bit of a nut, never laid down a hand, and was great at accumulating and spewing chips. My impression now is that Black is a world class player, one of the best I have ever seen. I feel like most of the big names out there are solid but unspectacular players - I'm usually unimpressed. Black has the complete package.

It was a rough day for me. I tried to scrap and claw and eventually got in my half stack with KJ against Black's QsTs on a Js7s7 flop. A spade hit the river and it was time to start thinking about Thursday's 5k Heads Up tournament.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spencetron said...

Have heart. My Tsonga comparison will come through. He won his first round match over the Nine Seed Andy Murray, and he's on the opposite half of Federer.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home