Saturday, January 19, 2008

Last Gasp Down Under


I made it to day 2 of the $2200 shorthanded tournament down here. There are 19 players left. I have 1/3 the average. Before dinner I built a huge stack by hitting every flop and playing mediocre. I probably should have had more. After dinner I played very well but didn't run as good.

I was at a nightmare table for most of the day. SirWatts tormented me. Then he left and Michael Binger came in and tormented me. These guys play much better than I do. After I leave Australia I need to decide if I want to try to get better at poker tournaments or just give the whole thing up. It's depressing to play with guys I know are better than me.

The remaining field includes Lee Watkinson, Binger, Joe Sebok, Kevin O'Donnell, PiMaster (with a big stack), Dag Mikkelsen, and Carl Olson. The Duck busted on the bubble with aces. The cream rose to the top today - the structure was the best I have ever seen in a prelim.

I need fourth place or better to get out of the hole for 2008. Wish me luck. There may be coverage on pokernews.com, starting at 8 PM mountain time.

6 Comments:

Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

Nothing on pokernews and doesn't look like there will be. So fill in the details. How much is first? Do you know who is gonna be at your table? what are the blinds at and what is your stack? DETAILS DETAILS

4:37 PM  
Blogger GnightMoon said...

150k for first.
Right now I have a medium stack Swede who I have been owning to my left, then a tight guy with a short stack, then Carl Olson fairly short, then a big stack who doesn't know how to play on my right. Not sure if we will be the next table to break or what. 150kish for first. Blinds I think are gonna be 1200-2400 or 15000-3000 and I have 51k.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Spencetron said...

Battle. Tsonga. Moon. Battle. Tsonga.

8:15 PM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

Tsonga lost. Hopefully we can start calling Moon Federer.

8:18 PM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

Actually Tsonga is doing good it looks like!

8:22 PM  
Blogger PunkyPickett said...

I have to say I really don't understand the Tsonga comparison. I mean I don't think that Moon was the best poker player for a while and then got kinda fat and so wasn't so good and now he's sorta making a comeback? doesn't sound like the right story to me. If anything I see him more as an Andy Roddick. He's got the talent and has a couple of good scores, but he's still struggling to be considered the best, and is still fighting to get that major breakthrough.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home