Saturday, June 07, 2008

Good But Not Good Enough

I was lucky enough to win this tournament. I had the cards. That's what's so depressing. I wouldn't quite say "I blew it" but I would say the opportunity was there and I missed it.

I seem to exploit these $1500 fields pretty well - my last four WSOP cashes are all in $1500 events. I've got a lot of it figured out. But I'm not one of the best players. There are so many great players out there right now and I'm on the cusp but just not there. I suck at physical reads. I make mistakes counting stacks. I don't have a full mathematical comprehension.

So I know I'm good, I know I'm playing well, I have full confidence, but I also know I had a shot at that final table and didn't make it. Finally, I know there's a $2500 tournament tomorrow and I'll be in it.

MasterJ ran badly and still got 16th place. Congrats to Shannon Shorr for his second place finish in the $2000 event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home