Monday, June 13, 2011

Event #20 $1K NLHE

I have logged so many hours in these donkaments the last few years they all blur together after the fact. After each day I often have a hard time recalling how I got to the end of it. The sea of tables is so vast, it's hard to see the finish line. In the moment, however, I am a robotic chameleon. The gear-shifting has become automatic. I played all five of them today, as I often do in these low buy-in WSOP events, and emerged with 2/3 of an average stack as we rapidly approach the money.

The temperature in the Pavilion was also constantly changing, forcing hotties like my friend Amanda "Mandy B" Baker to hide in their hoodies. Like my first girlfriend, my dog, and Diane Lane, Mandy B has steadily gotten more attractive since I first met her several years ago.


Mandy B is an oasis in this desert, a poker player and Vegas resident who prioritizes the world and the environment ahead of gambling. Two years ago she stopped by our summer rental house just to replace the lightbulbs with more energy-efficient ones. Here's to Mandy B, the Poker Hottie of the Day. I'll trade you two brick for a sheep and a wheat.

And here's to you, Adam Friedman, third-place finisher in the $1500 HORSE.

And here's to you, Dallas Mavericks, for winning a thrilling NBA Finals. As I watched the last seconds tick away and the Mavericks almost incredulously celebrate their title, I thought about how long their journey has been, how daunting it must have seemed at times, how endless their lineup of foes must have appeared. But they just took it one possession at a time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nappy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Nappy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Nappy said...

The first image that jumped out at me when I scrolled to the page was Adam Friedman. I was thinking to myself "moon has lost his god damn mind" with these "hotties" posts. I regained my composure about 30 seconds later when I started reading the post.

"Like my first girlfriend, my dog, and Diane Lane, Mandy B has steadily gotten more attractive since I first met her several years ago."

If there was ever a backhanded compliment, this would be it...eessh...



I had started writing a response to the Dallas Mavericks picture, but then it turned into 1500 words, so i figure it'll be better if you let me be a guest blogger.

10:51 AM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

It's nice having you back on the comment train Nappy! Choooo Choooo lololol @ "Moon has lost his god damn mind"

8:17 AM  
Blogger Bag said...

Nap-peh!

1:05 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

I've been promoting Mandy B for years, glad you're on board Tom Tom!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home