Friday, April 07, 2006

Maniacism

It's difficult for me to be aggressive. It's not my natural personality. I've cruised to quite a bit of success, mostly playing ring games on PartyPoker against idiots. When I think about it, it's really pretty amazing that I've made so much basically by playing like a coward and trying not to make mistakes. I've developed an efficient cowardly style but lately it has been easily exploited by more experienced, aggressive players.

An analogy I've thought of many times is bowling. Through the years I developed a solid straightforward throw which gave me an average of about 120 and a couple 200 games. Recently though I saw gamblegambel working wonders with the spin and decided it was time to get out of the kiddie pool and play the game for real. Two weeks later I'm already bowling better than I ever did with the straight throw and I don't think it will be long before my average is above 170.

If I want to take it to that next level in poker, I'm going to have to drop the training wheels, hold my breath, and amp up the aggression.

___

Tuesday evening: +3328
Wednesday afternoon: +1540
Wednesday night: -2948
Thursday night: +3754

YTD: 56,662

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home