Monday, May 29, 2006

Television

Well, I finally got on tv. In the first two episodes of ESPN's coverage of the 2005 US Poker Championship, I can be seen at various times to the side of John D'Agostino and Cong Do while they rake in monster pots. I'm wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt and a blue Florida Gators hat.

Paul is prominently featured in a segment on the WPT Championship in a syndicated show called "Inside Poker." They show about 30 seconds of an interview he gave on a patio at the Bellagio during a break early on day 6. "Inside Poker" airs on the Altitude channel in the Colorado area.

Peter "Nordberg" Feldman just won the WSOP Circuit New Orleans main event for 532k. I don't know Nord personally, but I read his blog http://nordspoker.blogspot.com/ consistently and consider him a peer. He actually plays lower stakes (or did until now) than I do. His blog considers many of the same topics as mine - ups and downs, struggling, trying to improve play, and taking shots on the circuit. His breakthrough is yet another in a recent string that makes me believe mine will come any day now.

___

My parents took me to the emergency room this morning for what turned out to be a corneal ulcer, a bacterial infection of the eyeball most likely caused by overwearing my contact lenses. I was in excruciating pain this morning but treatment removed 95% of the pain and I appear to be just a few days away from a full recovery.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Sweet jesus, Tom. A corneal ulcer? We're holding a candlelight vigil.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Bag said...

Both appearances were DVRed.

10:28 PM  
Blogger j said...

tom tom, next time you have a medical problem call me. see eventually i will be a doctor. but then due to things well under my control i will have to work with the mafia a la david duchvony in "playing god." poker players know mafia people.....its a proven fact. see mafia people play poker. see the connection? so they need to know how awesome i am so next time call.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home