Sunday, June 04, 2006

Mandalay Bay


Today was my smoothest pre-tournament travel day ever. Both DIA and McCarron were about half as busy as usual (the 107 degree weather in Vegas being the most likely culprit). The Gambler arrived half an hour after I did and we took a cab to the Excalibur, where we're staying. After dinner at the dreadful Round Table Buffet, the poorest dining establishment I've ever eaten at in Vegas (including Panda King Express), we walked over to Mandalay Bay and bought into tomorrow's 10k event. The whole buy-in process took me less than two minutes, roughly one fifteenth of what it usually takes. There were 170 players signed up at 10:30 when we were there, so I'm expecting around 300 and a first place prize of about a million dollars.

Both the Gambler and I are bursting with confidence. It may not happen this week, but a major final table is inevitable the way we are playing right now. I got a bit of a boost at dinner tonight, as Don't Dream It's Over (albeit the Sixpence cover) and Time Passages played back to back on the Excalibur soundtrack. It just might be my week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spencetron said...

My mom has visited The Neon Museum in Los Angeles and says it is the coolest place she's ever been

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home