Friday, July 21, 2006

Big Things

I didn't get anything going in day 2 of the pot limit. I played insanely tight, probably too tight. I was at 19k when Theo Tran opened a pot for just 2.5 times the big blind. The big blind was a tight short stack and so was I, in the small blind. Tran had a large stack, so the chance of him making a steal was pretty good. I was certain he had either a monster or a crap hand based on the bet size and the way he bet. I looked down at A8s in the small blind and moved in. He quickly called with KK and flopped me dead.

Alex Jacob is the monster chip leader going into the final table and I have a small chunk of him.

The Fish is 9th in chips with 36 left going into day 2 of the shorthanded event. I watched him for a while after I busted out and he was an absolute juggernaut. He looks very fresh and bloodthirsty after taking a week off from the madness at the Rio. I would be shocked if the Fish does not final table this thing, although most of the players left are excellent.

Nappy got into town tonight and will join us for the 2k NLHE tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

Sorry it didn't work out for ya again. 4 cashes tho. You have something going for you and you know it. Just a matter of time. Anyway thanks for letting me stay with you guys. Gl for the rest of the series.

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home