Saturday, July 22, 2006

Contenders

I ran KK into AA yet again yesterday in the 2k NLHE, although I did not have many chips when it happened.

The Fish found himself in a nightmarish situation - card dead at a table of superaggressors, most of them to his left. It was very hard for him to pick up pots knowing he would constantly get reraised and have to fold if he did not have the goods (no big stack was letting go of AT preflop no matter what the action). At one point he had it over 200k after sucking out on Juanda's kings and then letting Vanessa Rousso bluff off a bunch of chips with nothing, but then he went completely card dead four-handed, lost a race, and expired in 11th place. The Fish was very pleased with his play though and felt he played a near-perfect tournament. All of us know that an enormous breakthrough will happen very soon, probably before the end of the year.

Alex was not as happy with his play and finished a disappointing 5th for 77k.

In this World Series, some of my best friends have finished 3rd, 5th, 6th, 9th, 9th, 11th, 14th, and 16th in tournaments, along with my 11th. It's obvious we are playing great poker and constantly contending at the highest level.

I was getting pretty exhausted and didn't think I could play my best game, so I elected to skip today's 5k pot limit. I will only be playing one more tournament (a 1.5k crapshoot) before the wildly anticipated main event.
___

2.5k PLHE: +2024
2k NLHE: -2000

Year to date: 168,015

1 Comments:

Blogger Spencetron said...

Tom, I hope that you have great cards and better luck in the main event. I'm sure you are going to do awesome, believe in yourself and if you ever get heads up, just pretend its Indian Poker.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home