Sunday, September 10, 2006

14th Place

Things went well with the short stack as my steals never ran into hands and I won the races when they did call me. I had it up to 200k with 14 left which was near average with the blinds at 6k-12k with a 2k ante. I decided to make a steal with 98o from the cutoff to 33k and the BB called me a bit hesitantly. The flop came K66 rainbow and I instachecked when he checked to me. On the 7 turn he bet 40k and I decided to make it 125k leaving myself with around 45k. I wanted him to know I would not fold if he pushed but didn't want to just shove in as that looks more like a bluff. After discussing the hand afterwards I actually think a shove may have been better than what I did. In any case I think a move like this is a pretty high percentage play to pick up a huge pot but this time it didn't work, he had K8o and put me in, I called for the rest and missed my eight-outer.

Although this was a pretty small result (only 4 buyins) it was good for my confidence and experience, as always, and another small notch on the tournament belt. The 2.5k is on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home