Monday, November 13, 2006

Fourteen Hours of Foxwoods


It was an incredibly long day. It seemed like it would never end, but it finally did, only to start again ten and a half hours later. For no reason they have an off day scheduled before the final table instead of just making a better structure and shortening the days.

I played decent poker at my first table which had some fairly crappy players. There was a nice pot early on where David Matthew fired four streets against me on a bluff, got called every time, then had the audacity to call ME a calling station. It got a bit heated and the hand was great for my image. Not too long after that I had 99 on a 922 flop against pocket aces AND pocket aces but sadly only broke one of them.

I got owned by an online player named Sobe after that and moved to my next table with around 33k (we started with 20). It was a real weak table and I played perhaps the best poker of my life there for a couple hours. One hand I raised the cutoff with AA and got called by the BB. The flop came JJ7 with two spades and a club and it went check-check. The turn was the 5c and he fired out a big bet and I just called. On the 2s river he bet big again; I folded face up after tanking for four minutes and he showed me jack-ten. I'm going to be thinking about that hand in four days at the final table.

I bluffed some hands and won a key pot with 97o vs a short stack's A9s before that table broke to get to around 49k. I got moved to a wild table for just a few minutes. I doubled up a short stack with 98 vs 88 blind on blind, then got moved to my 4th table of the day and immediately lost 23k with JJ vs QQ putting me down to 9k. The new table was really rough, featuring Loi Phan, Miami John, Daniel Negreanu, Tuan Le, Joe Tehan, and a couple mysterious big stacks. I was fortunate enough to win two races and finished the day with 46k.

Tomorrow starts at noon EST with with 171 players left paying 60.

4 Comments:

Blogger acehighwine said...

Nice run, hope it continues for you. Interesting to read your comments about David Matthew. From what I've seen of him on the WPT championship event he came runner up in, he seems pretty chilled. I suppose having a camera recording your every move would do wonders for one's temprament. Actually, now that I think of Phil Hellmuth, Matusow, Tony G et al.. I guess not. Anyhow, all the best when play continues!

1:25 AM  
Blogger GnightMoon said...

Matthew is actually a pretty fun/nice guy. His poker game is sporadic; he definitely makes some nice plays but his fundamentals need work.

9:39 AM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

Good run Luna - CardPlayer just reported that you busted somewhere around 80th place...sorry man. Keep up the good work.

2:54 PM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

Also, check out the Bluff Magazine pictures for day two....

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home