Thursday, November 02, 2006

Blacked Out

I had an obvious play that obviously didn't work out and I went out 9th. I was really unfortunate to go 9th instead of 8th and lose out on an additional 8k. I played fantastic throughout this event, my gear-changing was seamless, my tournament strategy was excellent, etc, etc. Three final tables in a month - I think I've developed into a pretty efficient tournament player.

Congrats to the winner, Chad "Grill" Batista. The guy is clearly ridiculous but he's super nice, humble, fun, and an excellent player. I only wish the final table had been televised so everyone could get an idea of Chad's personality.

At night the Gambler and I went down to Louisville to watch the biggest game in Louisville football history, against #3 West Virginia. All the fans wore black instead of the usual red as they sported new black jerseys. It was a fairly raucous scene as the Cardinals ran past the Mountaineers and a fitting way to leave this area.
___

1.5k NL: -1570
2k NL: +32,920
5k NL: +10,850

Year to date: 239,089

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home