Thursday, November 02, 2006

Back to Back Final Tables

I played awesome today. There was a key double-up with "the boneyard" ace-king offsuit against a pair of sevens a few hours in. Shortly after that the bubble hit and I took it into fifth gear, raising hand after hand after hand. If you look at the updates there were almost none about me as all my chips after that coinflip were gained through steamrolling. Things soured once we hit the money, I lost a huge coinflip with nines against ace-king, and then the blinds went completely out of control and it turned into a crapshoot. I have 99k entering tomorrow, not the 89k some of the sites are reporting.

I'm having a blast. It's so much fun to make final tables, and all the players I've made them with have been complete gentlemen. Tomorrow's final features a number of solid players, including two guys who also made the 2k final with me: Chad "Grill" "lilholdem" "makin' moves" Batista (the chip leader) and Ed Corrado (a tricky old man). There's also Hilbert Shirey (a loose, old-school gambler), Doug Carli (one of the best rocks on the circuit), and Joel Casper to my left (very solid, played with me many hours and knows how I play).

The payout structure is very steep; first is more than ten times eighth so my only concern is figuring out a way to win the thing. With the blinds as high as they are, the early part of it is going to come down to picking up hands and winning showdowns.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

Good luck. You won't need it :D. Hopefully one day we make a final table together :)

4:26 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

You're my hero Tom. Bring it home.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home