Saturday, December 09, 2006

Tony Gwynn vs Mark McGwire


I was the first one out. I lost a standard race against Jeff Madsen button vs small blind.

I've got to find a way to get to the top 3 in these things. In the end it boils down to money made, not number of final tables or cashes. If you want to make money playing tournaments, you need top 3 finishes. I'm lining a lot of singles into left field, but I'm not hitting home runs. Compare my results to Madsen's. Certainly he's run really good late in those tournaments, and you need a lot of luck to win. But he's putting himself in position to win by accumulating chips before the final table, and I need to do a little better job of that so it doesn't come down to coinflips and showdowns.

I doubt if I will play the 5k tomorrow as it is NFL Sunday and my brain is kind of fried. I'll probably play the supers next week. I think it would be foolish to spend 15k on the main event but more foolish to not play considering how well I'm playing.
___

3k NL: -3120
5k NL: -5180
1.5k NL: +4210
2.5k NL: +7380

Year to date: 230,579

3 Comments:

Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

7:01 PM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

PS - I know you were just saving that Filet for the Main Event anyway.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Spencetron said...

Not that there is any relevancy to your poker, but Tony Gwynn is already in the hall and has the respect of every player, manager, media, etc. while McGwire will almost certainly fail to get in the hall this year and had what was quite possibly the biggest blunder in baseball (except maybe Pete Rose) in front of Congress and a national audience. Is there really any question as to which person you would rather emulate? Although, Chicks Dig the Long Ball. In a random thought how many people have a "GW" in their last name? I can only think of Magwitch.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home