Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thirsty

There was so little reason for me to go to Atlantic City to play the Borgata Winter WPT. I had to take two flights across the country immediately after my Melbourne-LA flight. I don't care for Atlantic City, or this area in general. The Borgata is overrated and expensive. It's the middle of winter and travelling sucks. I'm doing well in the online cash games and could use some more time grinding at home before the big California push in February. I haven't been home since the beginning of the month so it would be nice to get back.

But I just kept thinking about how awesome the structure is for this event (arguably better than the 25k WPT Championship), and how playing big buy-in deepstack tournament poker is pretty much the most enjoyable thing in the world, even if the results say I suck at it.

I slept 15 hours last night here at the Borgata, a personal record. I dreamed I was incredibly thirsty, and made myself a gigantic glass of iced tea. I put ice cubes into a ridiculously oversized glass and then poured the tea in. Then I stirred in some sugar. Then I cut up a lemon and squeezed two slices into the glass. Just as I was putting it to my mouth, I woke up and was shocked to find it was 4:15 PM.

The last three main events I played were complete disasters, never making it past the fourth level. I've done some thinking about what I've been doing wrong and would like to think I've corrected a few major errors. In the fall I found the general Borgata playing style was extremely favorable for me. I'm excited to take another crack at it.

4 Comments:

Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

good luck man - take it home! Speaking of home, there is a restaurant here which serves a very intriguing dish called "Shanghai Moon" so get your ass back to town so we can order it.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go back to that italian place we went to with matt; that will fill you up

-gamblegambel

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man. my name is chad, I'm paul's cousin. I'm in vegas for a few days and I'd like to hang out with him while I'm in town, but I'm having a hard time getting ahold of him. I know he is or was in jersey yesterday, and I don't know if he's back yet. Is there any way you could relay the message to him that I'm in town? He or you can call me @ 760.828.7360, or email @ chadwickmapping@cox.net

Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

Peace, and good luck.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Bag said...

Waaaaaa.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home