Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mistakes in the 2k NL

I played pretty well today, better than in the Shootout, but I made a couple costly mistakes.

Mistake #1: I had recently been moved to a new table. I had about 12k in chips with the blinds at 200-400-50. A big stack who appeared to be fairly aggressive raised from the hijack to 1100 and I found Ad9d in the small blind. I reraised to 3500 and he shoved me in. I really gave him room to make a move here with or without a hand. I should have called or folded.

Mistake #2: I had 13.8k with the blinds at 400-800-100. It was folded to me in the cutoff where I looked at pocket fours. The button folded out of turn while I thought about what to do. Steve Dannenmann in the small blind had about 11k and the BB had me covered by about 1k. Four of the five pros I talked to said within ten seconds that the right play here is to push all-in. I stupidly made it 2k and the BB quickly made it 5.5k. I was really confident he had crap and moved in quickly. He didn't like it but made a pot-odds call with A7o and I lost on a board of T857A.

You won't see ZeeJustin or TheWacoKidd make mistakes like these. Today it cost me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gabri said...

Tom!
I know this is not the appropriate post to be congratulating you on your big win - but I thought you'd be more likely to see my comment here than on the 18 glowing comments from your last post.
Good on ya, mate! I was so thrilled when Truman told me. I guess this puts you that much closer to the micro-brew of your dreams?
Look forward to seeing you in July in Vegas.

Gabrielle

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home