Monday, November 19, 2007

FTOPS $2500 Hands

I will finally post the hands from the last two days of EPT Baden soon. In the meantime, here are the hands from the FTOPS $2500 event which started Saturday afternoon:

I was very excited for this tournament because of its incredible structure, which is similar to a live $10,000 main event. I was also looking to improve upon August's heartbreaking 10th place finish.

5,000 chips to start

10-20

Raise TT 2nd pos all fold.

Fold A4s in BB to MadHatter’s pot button raise

EP limps and I limp button with 33. Flop 873 Omaholic leads pot I raise 3x all fold.

Fold 96s EP.

Fold 86s UTG next hand.

Call a raise with 55 in the BB and check-fold on T66 cause I didn’t want to play it faceup.

Reraise a cutoff raise with QJo button and win.

Raise next hand with 87s cutoff and win.

Small blind opens I reraise with AJo he calls. Flop Th8s4h check check. Turn Jh he checks I bet half pot he calls. River Qc he fires 60% of pot I fold.

Call a raise with 22 it comes KQQ he pots it I fold.

Next hand call same guy’s raise with T7hh Omaholic calls from SB flop 983 two diamonds they check to me I bet they both fold.

4810

15-30

UTG limps I limp 53ss cutoff BB checks. Flop T99s they both check I check. Turn As BB bets UTG raises I fold they both have 98.

Raise Q9s on button they fold.

Fold 75s unopened MP.

Fold A3s EP.

Cutoff (raising every hand) raises, SB calls, I call in BB with A9o flop J65 check fold to a bet.

Two guys limp I make a large raise with AJo SB flatcalls then UTG reraises 3x all fold fast.

Raise KTs EP all fold.

Raise 66 UTG next hand four guys call it comes Th3s2h checked around BB leads at the 5c turn I fold.

Call a UTG raise (weak player) with J8s it comes 432 he bets I fold.

Raise 86s HJ CO calls on button Omaholic reraises we fold.

4164

20-40

Raise KQo UTG get 2 callers in pos. Flop comes KdTs6s I check first caller bets it hard and button flat calls. I decide I’m actually not beating anything here and fold. This was a crazy and probably poor way to play it.

Raise J6s button take blinds.

EP raises I call with 65hh flop comes T92 two spades he checks I fire he folds.

Raise 7s7 EP three guys call flop As6s5 everyone checks turn 4s SB fires big I fold (gets raised behind).

Raise 64cc button Omaholic defends BB flop QhTc7c he checks I bet he folds.

Raise KJo get reraised and fold.

Raise AKs two guys call then MadHatter puts in a large reraise from the BB. I decide I have too many chips to put them all in here preflop so I end up smoothcalling and then the other two guys call too. Flop 5d4d2h MadHatter checks I check guy bets next guy folds Madhatter calls I fold.

Fold QJo UTG next hand.

Fold KTo in BB to the guy raising every hand next hand.

Raise AJo button Omaholic calls in BB. Flop Ac8c4s he bets I call. Turn Ts he bets I call. River Q he checks I check he has 55 I win.

Madhatter limps UTG I limp behind him with AK BB checks board of T76TJ is checked all the way down MadHatter wins with 44.

3995

25-50

Raise button with A7o they fold.

MadHatter raises EP I flat with KK weak player behind us pots it MadHatter folds gets back to me I jam him in for 4x more than his raise he calls with AQs I win.

Raise AJo EP guy calls then SB puts in a gigantic reraise I fold.

Cutoff raises I call with QJo button flop 422 he bets I fold.

Raise 87ss UTG next guy calls BB calls flop J52 rainbow I fire BB calls. Turn K he checks I bet again he folds.

Fold JTo in BB to MP raise.

Fold AJo in SB to Omaholic’s UTG raise.

Raise KK next player calls flop Qh5s4h I bet 2/3 pot he calls. Turn Q I check-call a solid-sized bet river offsuit 4 I check he bets hard I think a long time and fold.

Very next hand get KK again raise a short stack reraises I put him in for 4x his raise he calls with TT I win.

Moved to new table.

First hand get walk.

Second hand raise TT in SB short stack in BB folds I show it.

Raise A7s button to 133 SB shoves for 900 I reluctantly fold probably should have called just to send a message to the table.

Raise 55 HJ win blinds.

Fold A7s EP.

8441

30-60

Guy limps I limp 86s cutoff flop T43 BB bets we fold.

EP raises I call with AK flop J52 he pots it I fold.

Raise 88 EP gets reraised and rereraised behind me so I have to fold they get it in with KK vs AKs flop comes 982 devastating because the AK’s mistake cost me a stack here.

SB opens I reraise AJ in BB he folds.

UTG limps I complete KQo in SB BB checks flop Txx check-fold.

Raise 98dd UTG BB reraises small I call. Flop Td8c5s he bets hard I call. Turn 3s check check river Jd he bets quite small I’m forced to call he has AdKd I win.

Raise AK button win blinds and show hand.

Short stack limps UTG I try to limp 97s but some dumbass raises and then folds to the inevitable UTG shove.

Call a raise with 66 in a 4 man pot check-fold on KK2.

Moved to another table with Genius28 to right and no one else I recognize.

9285

40-80

Fold A9s in pos to EP raise.

Limp K9hh button blinds check. Flop Th9d3d they check to me I bet 2/3 pot they fold.

Cutoff raises I call on button with KcTc flop QsTh9h check check turn 2d check check river Jh he checks I bet 75% pot he folds.

Fold Q9s EP.

Guy limps SB limps I check 84ss in BB flop J88 check check limper bets the minimum I call. Turn K I fire 2/3 pot he calls river 5 I fire ¾ pot he calls with KJ.

Raise KQs button blinds fold.

10,888

50-100

Smoothcall a raise with AK it comes AA5 he bets weakly I thought this might be the one and raised him but he instafolds.

Fold ATo EP.

Fold ATo next hand.

Limp JTo button flop QsJs9d check check turn K BB check-calls river K he check-calls again with Q5.

Fold 43s in BB to a CO raise.

Fold A2s in SB to a MP raise.

Fold 65o button.

Fold J8s in pos to Genius’s min raise.

EP limps I limp KQo blinds check board of 965K2 is checked to the river until EP fires and I call he has nothing so I win.

After a raise and a call I call AJcc in BB flop Ad9d8 I check preflop raiser fires big other guy folds I call turn 6d check check river 5d check check he has AT no diamond I win.

A couple guys limp including short stack I fold KTo cutoff it comes AQJ.

Raise QTs get reraised fold.

Limp 55 EP no one else calls flop T76 Genius bets pot I fold.

Fold A9o UTG next hand.

13,304

60-120

Fold T8s EP (Genius BB)

Fold KQo in BB to EP raise.

Fold ATo to UTG raise and 2nd pos call was good spot to squeeze.

Fold A7s in SB to MP raise.

Raise AA MP big stack calls SB calls flop 854 with a flush draw SB checks I check big stack bets SB folds I call. Turn 3 check check river 2 I fire 2/3 pot he finds a call with TT.

Thorladen raises cutoff I think a long time about reraising then just call with KJo SB calls and BB unsurprisingly shoves for 3300. Thor folds and I really think about calling but don’t.

Fold Q9o CO unopened.

14,929

80-160

Raise KTs MP SB reraises gigantic I fold.

Fold 64s in pos to Thorladen’s raise.

Limp 55 UTG next pos makes a decent sized raise folds to me I call and check-fold on JT3.

Next hand fold 85s in BB to Genius button raise.

Fold JTo UTG.

Limp 97o SB and fold to a 3.3x raise from the BB.

Fold A7s EP.

Fold ATo in SB to a LP raise from a guy who raises a ton.

Raise KJo button SB calls and the BB short stack reraises I reluctantly fold.

Fold Tc9c in pos to a Genius raise now that’s respect.

Raise JTo MP SB calls. Flop AA6 check check turn J he bets the minimum (160) I call river 3 he bets the minimum I make it 777 mostly just not wanting this hand to get turned over he calls with KQ…whoa.

Fold Q8o in BB to Genius button raise.

Fold 54s MP.

13,982

100-200

Fold A6s EP.

Raise 87s UTG all fold.

Fold A2o button.

Raise A8s win blinds.

Thorladen raises button and I flat call with AdJc flop 7c4c2c I check he bets 800 I call turn Js check check river 5c I check he bets 2200 I knew he had it but called he had AcQs.

Raise T8s MP guy calls and then BB reraises big.

Jonathan Little sits down two to my left with big stack this is bad news and now my stack is a bit short gonna have to lock it down here.

Raise AQs to 512 CO Little calls in SB then the BB shoves for 6700. I make one of the loosest calls I’ve made in a while and win a race against the BB’s pocket tens. Was trying to think how this guy would play AK and I didn't think he'd do that, and I thought he could have a worse ace or complete garbage.

Thor raises from the SB I just call with 99 in BB it comes AKx check check turn x he fires I fold.

7 of the 9 guys at the table are now above average and the only two who aren’t are very good.

15,754

120-240-25

Fold A3o in BB to UTG’s raise who has been raising UTG every time.

Limp JcTc in SB BB checks flop J98 two spades I check-call a medium bet turn Xs check check river Ah I fire 999 value/block he folds.

Guy who raises a lot raises to 700 I reraise to 2000 with QsTs he quickly calls which scares me cause he has short stack. Flop KKx check check turn 9 he checks I bet half pot he instafolds I think I scared him with that flop check.

Fold QJo EP normally I like to play that one with antes.

Almost every pot raised and reraised at this point.

Fold KJs in SB to MP raise

Then the crucial pot of the tournament:

Full Tilt Poker Game #4210208312: FTOPS Event #13 (30642026), Table 45 - 120/240 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:44:36 ET - 2007/11/17

Seat 1: two8off (35,358)
Seat 2: two4tunes (16,790)
Seat 3: HumphreyIN (7,997)
Seat 4: Genius28 (13,870)
Seat 5: thorladen (27,370)
Seat 6: GnightMoon (18,339)
Seat 7: fangus1 (23,708)
Seat 8: Jonathan Little (21,461)
Seat 9: cobey (20,807)

two8off antes 25
two4tunes antes 25
HumphreyIN antes 25
Genius28 antes 25
thorladen antes 25

GnightMoon antes 25
fangus1 antes 25
Jonathan Little antes 25
cobey antes 25
Jonathan Little posts the small blind of 120
cobey posts the big blind of 240
The button is in seat #7

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to GnightMoon [As Ac]

two8off folds
two4tunes folds
HumphreyIN folds
Genius28 folds
thorladen folds
GnightMoon raises to 666
fangus1 calls 666
Jonathan Little folds
cobey folds

*** FLOP *** [7d 6d Kd]

GnightMoon has 15 seconds left to act
GnightMoon bets 1,222
fangus1 calls 1,222

*** TURN *** [7d 6d Kd] [2h]

GnightMoon bets 2,999
fangus1 has 15 seconds left to act
fangus1 calls 2,999

*** RIVER *** [7d 6d Kd 2h] [7s]

GnightMoon has 15 seconds left to act
GnightMoon bets 6,666
fangus1 raises to 18,796, and is all in

GnightMoon folds


Two hands later get KK and raise and all fold.

Moved to another table.

Walk big stack with J7o.

Defend BB with 76cc it comes T8c2 check-fold.

5611

150-300-25

Walk big stack with 83o.

Raise KTo hijack (hanging curveball with my stack) sure enough the BB shoves and I have to fold not a wise raise by me there.

Fold T2s button with 3700.

Cutoff raises with big stack I call in BB with JTo and shove on KKQ (stop n go) he folds.

Next hand cutoff raises to 900 I have KTo in SB and 5k and fold reluctantly.

Raise KK everyone slowly folds to the BB (maniac) I am praying for him to put chips in the pot and then he suddenly shoves! I happily call but he has AA! Goodnight Moon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a hand that I'm sure is painful to recount, but I'm trying to learn the art of the "big laydown" so I would love to hear your mental process on each street here (questions you are asking yourself, hands you put him on as you gain more info, his image vs your image, etc).

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home