Saturday, December 15, 2007

2007 Retrospective Part One: January

The ten hit the river and I went up to my room at the Borgata. I was so devastated. It’s so different than being depressed though. I wasn’t remotely depressed, just very disappointed.

I was so exhausted too, but I couldn’t sleep. I had always heard about jet lag and just laughed – I mean, you sleep when you’re tired, right? It doesn’t make sense to not be able to sleep when you’re tired, but I couldn’t.

It wasn’t the worst night to be jetlagged though, because Roger Federer was playing in the Australian Open final. I wrote my blog, which made me feel better, and watched Federer win in straight sets. In fact, he never lost a set in that tournament. Then it was like 4 AM, and I had a flight in Philadelphia in five hours. I managed to kill an hour and change and then it was time to get a cab to Philly.

Alex had an early flight too and I talked to him in the lobby. I know he honestly felt bad for what had happened to me. It made me feel better.

The cab ride was like an hour long. I slept in and out.

I don’t remember if it was one or two flights to Burlington. I think I got there around noon.

Laura picked me up and we drove to her house. I went straight to bed. I remember thinking, that was the only thing I wanted to do at that time. I just wanted to be in bed. Preferably with Laura.

I slept for 24 hours. It was twice as long as I had ever slept before. I haven’t slept more than eleven since. I was up for a few minutes a couple times and that was it. I went downstairs. It was a new day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home