Monday, January 28, 2008

A Monumental Session

Tonight I played a two-hour session on Full Tilt 25-50 6-max NLHE with Paul. It had been more than a year since the Fish and I last played a session together. Our careers were built on this foundation of "joint session" NL cash games, on bouncing ideas off each other while we played and coming to "the right play" for each individual decision. There were a lot of concepts that Paul has been struggling with lately, and many separate concepts that I have had a hard time with recently. We discussed some high-level strategy, the most intense and intelligent strategy discussion I have had in quite some time. The session went extremely well. The decisionmaking of that session was flawless - it was the perfect session I have been dreaming of. Every play served its purpose. Like the final tournament in Australia, this session encouraged me to believe I can still achieve heights that just two weeks ago seemed impossible.

4 Comments:

Blogger PunkyPickett said...

I can't believe you actually stopped playing Catan long enough to have a session.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you guys can still grow. Now that you've both "made your bones" and the learning curve has tapered off, it's going to take some high level thinking to take your games to the next level.

If you believe, there are no unattainable heights.

12:21 PM  
Blogger PunkyPickett said...

I can't believe you actually stopped playing Catan long enough to have a session.

3:25 PM  
Blogger PunkyPickett said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home