Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Night

Arrive a few minutes late as I was boiling some ramen and watching the Monday Night game which sadly may have tipped the public off to betting against Mark Sanchez.

10-20

Got some big names this time – jse81 to my right, USCphildo to his right, clotilda to his right, and imabigkidnow (who recently took me out of the Sunday 500 in frustrating fashion).

Bring in my first hand A4 diamonds with a raise from middle position the cutoff calls. Flop 884 I bet a little less than half pot he folds.

Next hand jse raises I fold JTo.

Fold KTo UTG.

Clotilda raises late I have the button and T9o I am going to call but jse calls I don’t like T9o in three or four way pots so I fold.

Next hand get T9o cutoff and open-raise. BB calls. Flop 964 two hearts. He checks I bet 2/3 pot he calls. Turn 8s he checks. Close decision here I end up checking but looking back I think I like a bet. River Ah he bets pretty decent into me and for once I fold a pair on the river.

15-30

Fold A9o MP.

Imabigkidnow raises early I call late with JTo. Both blinds call. Flop K96 two clubs check, check, bigkid bets ¾ pot I fold.

Got the Rockies on what can I say I got the fever. Went down to Denver yesterday to scalp tickets but we were unable to come up with anything reasonable so watched them overcome Tim Lincecum and the Giants in exciting fashion from a sportsbar. Also yesterday got in a game of Catan - "The Caravans", part of the Traders and Barbarians expansion. I strongly recommend "The Caravans" to any Catan fans out there – it might be the best Catan expansion.

20-40

Fold AJo UTG.

These Rockies are a funny team, similar to the ’07 squad that caught fire and won the NL. Except they don’t have Matt Holliday. They have no sluggers…although the broadcast just announced the Rockies signed…Jason Giambi?!? Very Un-Rockish.

I do ramen a little different from most, pour out the water after cooking it, then add the seasoning (about half the packet), then throw some cubes of cheese on it.

There is a 3x EP raise and two calls including phildo on the button. In the big blind I have KJo and end up folding. I am not a fan of KJo out of position in a four-way pot.

Thought this was a terribly played hand:

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to GnightMoon [Ks Jc]
vacili folds
JW30 raises to 120
The Drake folds
bestlayever calls 120
imabigkidnow folds
clotilda folds
USCphildo calls 120
jse81 folds
GnightMoon folds
*** FLOP *** [Ts 5h 9c]
JW30 checks
bestlayever checks
USCphildo checks
*** TURN *** [Ts 5h 9c] [4s]
JW30 bets 290
bestlayever folds
USCphildo calls 290
*** RIVER *** [Ts 5h 9c 4s] [9h]
JW30 has 15 seconds left to act
JW30 has requested TIME
JW30 checks
USCphildo has 15 seconds left to act
USCphildo checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
JW30 shows [2s 2c] two pair, Nines and Twos
USCphildo mucks
JW30 wins the pot (1,000) with two pair, Nines and Twos
The blinds are now 25/50
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1,000 | Rake 0
Board: [Ts 5h 9c 4s 9h]
Seat 7: USCphildo (button) mucked [7h 6c] - a pair of Nines

Rockies finally get a hit off Barry Zito in the fourth inning. Yesterday it took em till the 6th to get a hit off a wild Tim Lincecum.

Imabigkidnow raises MP jse calls I fold K7s on the button. Against some players I would get involved there.

25-50

Phildo limps early I limp AQo blinds complete. Flop 332 checked around. Turn T SB checks imabigkidnow bets half pot from BB phildo calls I fold.

Fold 54s 2nd position.

EP raises 2.5x phildo calls on button I fold T7o in BB.

Reading Michael Lombardi in the downtime. This will be one of the last Monday Nights for a while as we are now just two and a half weeks away from the start of the season.

30-60

I raise Td7d from the cutoff to 151 and the BB makes it 480. Though there has been very little 3-betting at this table, and I have not seen this player 3-bet once, I decide to call. Perhaps memories of me doubling up with this hand in the WSOP Main Event influenced that decision. Flop A52 all diamonds…cha-ching! He bets out a normal amount and I settle on a call. Turn 4c he checks I bet a little less than half the pot he calls. River 9d he goes all-in for 2100 into 4100 (almost all of my stack) so so lame I fold.

A few hands later phildo raises to 180 UTG and jse calls right behind him. With aces in third position and a 2500 stack I think about getting cute as a reraise would look so strong. But I make it 600, all fold to jse who reraises. We get it in and I double through his AK.

Fold 55 in SB to a raise and reraise.

Fold 96o button.

Fold A5o cutoff.

Zito walks Todd Helton with the bases loaded to tie the score at 1. Through five innings Zito has given up one hit and walked five, similar to Lincecum’s line yesterday.

Open-fold A5o from the hijack.

Fold A9o MP to a phildo EP raise.

40-80

Fold ATo 2nd position

Fold 22 UTG.

Phildo raises I call with 87 of diamonds on the button. Both blinds call. Flop AJ8 rainbow no diamonds checked to phildo who bets more than half the pot I fold.

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to GnightMoon [3c 5h]
imabigkidnow folds
clotilda folds
USCphildo folds
jse81 raises to 198
GnightMoon folds
vacili folds
JW30 calls 198
The Drake calls 158
bestlayever folds
*** FLOP *** [8h 7c 7s]
The Drake checks
jse81 has 15 seconds left to act
jse81 bets 240
JW30 calls 240
The Drake folds
*** TURN *** [8h 7c 7s] [Jd]
jse81 has 15 seconds left to act
jse81 bets 640
JW30 has 15 seconds left to act
JW30 calls 640
*** RIVER *** [8h 7c 7s Jd] [9h]
jse81 has 15 seconds left to act
jse81 bets 1,830, and is all in
JW30 has 15 seconds left to act
JW30 has requested TIME
JW30 calls 1,830
*** SHOW DOWN ***
jse81 shows [2d Ad] a pair of Sevens
JW30 shows [8s 9c] two pair, Nines and Eights
JW30 wins the pot (6,094) with two pair, Nines and Eights

Goodnight Chad.

Fold J7s 2nd position.

50-100

Fold T9o in BB to a 2.5x EP raise.

Same guy raises next hand clotilda calls I fold 65s in SB.

Imabigkidnow raises 2.5x I fold 98o on the button. This may have been my tightest 1k Monday ever.

Clotilda raises 3x EP I have 43 BBs and AKo I just call. Everyone else folds. Flop is terrible (975 two hearts) he bets I fold.

Next hand a new guy raises 3x I make a loose call with 54 clubs the loose-cannon button also calls. Flop 873 two hearts raiser checks I check and the button bets. Raiser folds and I fold.

Zito escapes the 6th after giving up two hits to start the inning. 1-1 going to the 7th. I think the lower-scoring a baseball game is, the more entertaining it is.

The loose cannon 3x raises EP, the SB calls, and I call from the big with 33. Flop A86 checked around. Turn J SB fires big I fold.

Phildo raises late I fold Q9o in SB.

60-120
3804 chips

Fold QTo button to a UTG raise.

Clotilda raises phildo calls I fold 33.

Raise KTo hijack win the blinds.

Fold 55 UTG.

The loose cannon raises early and phildo calls on button. I call in BB with 33. Flop KJ4 two hearts I check preflop raiser bets big phildo raises big I fold of course.

Next hand phildo raises and I call in the SB with QT hearts and a dwindling stack. Flop A94 rainbow I check and he checks. Turn 4 I check he checks. River 9 I think about betting pot here but am too worried he has some pair better than fours and will call; I time down and check he checks his KJ and we chop.

UTG raises and I make a loose call (considering my stack) with 98s on the button. SB (loose) calls also. Flop J42 two not my suit SB checks preflop raiser bets I fold.

Next hand fold KJo to a 4x UTG raise.

80-160
3409 chips

Only one guy has gone broke at this table in over a hundred minutes of play.

Button raises 3x I fold JTo in SB.

Cutoff raises I fold 95s button was gonna take a stab there.

Fold A8o 3rd position.

Rox elect to keep starter Jason Marquis (117 pitches) in the game with 2 outs in the eighth, runners on first and second. Marquis gets the out on pitch 122. 1-1 going to the bottom of the eighth.

100-200
2929

Think I am gonna go see that movie “Moon” if I bust before 10. Heard good things.

Complete SB with 87 hearts BB checks. Flop QT2 two hearts I bet a little more than half pot he folds.

Fold A9o hijack.

Guy raises to 500 MP I have AJ spades in BB. I think and shove for 2900 he snaps it off with AQs. Flop is T62 two spades but I don’t get there. If I just call preflop which I strongly considered I probably win this pot.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ha, eventhough I clearly didn't read all the poker commentary (no offense) I really enjoyed the way this blog was set up. The hands/random bits of information/hands was awesome. The ramen part made me laugh so hard, I can totally picture you eating your ramen like that! Where did you come up with this and how long did it take you to perfect it? I wish I knew about this while I was there so I could have experienced it in person. :)

5:14 AM  
Blogger . said...

Did you like moon (the movie)?

12:58 PM  
Blogger Spencetron said...

Can anyone stop the Rockies (in the NL at least)? They just play with so much confidence, even when Manny tied the game up you knew they were going to fight back...God I wish I had a team like that to root for. Stupid Reds.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Chris Viox said...

Can anyone stop the Rockies?!?! Have you seen the Cardinals the last month or two? Two Cy Young contenders, probable MVP, possible best closer this yr, and depth up and down the lineup........

8:59 AM  
Blogger GnightMoon said...

Actually went to Inglorious Basterds instead, which was excellent.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Spencetron said...

Good choice on the movie, applause broke out in my theater afterwards, the only thing about it that disappointed me was that Sam Jackson never dropped his best line. Cardinals are looking good down the stretch too, but you just don't get the same sense that they have the every out is the most important out attitude that the Rockies do right now (of course that could all change in two weeks). When I watch them it seems like if they are in a tight spot the mojo goes something like, even if we lose we will beat you by ten tomorrow. Plus Ryan Franklin has the worst facial hair in baseball.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Spencetron said...

Either way, I'm looking forward to October.

12:46 PM  
Blogger GnightMoon said...

Honestly I think the Rox are the 4th most likely team to make it out of the NL - other teams seem built a little better for the playoffs.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://vioperdosas.net/][img]http://vioperdosas.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]school store software, [url=http://sapresodas.net/]software usa canada[/url]
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]windows xp serial number[/url] for sale by owner software Pro Finale 2009
windows academic software [url=http://sapresodas.net/]buy old photoshop[/url] adobe creative suite 4 full torrent
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]cheap server software[/url] cheap old software
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]adobe software cheap[/url] downloadable freeware software
Mac FileMaker Server [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]microsoft software students[/url][/b]

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home