Sunday, June 20, 2010

Event #36 GTL

This was, without question, my finest performance of the Series thus far. I came out focused and determined knowing that a strong result would be paramount to my mindset for the rest of the WSOP. The key to this one was forwarding the L to the front of the queue, freeing up the bulk of Saturday for the G and T. I also managed to sneak a quick chest & tris G into Friday and then backed it up with a back & bis on Saturday. I followed that formidable combination with a protein shake both times, which crushed everything in sight.

The T was my first of the month, and I was a bit rusty. I considered sunscreen, but ultimately decided to just lie there for a bit before jumping in the pool. The water was surprisingly comfortable despite a rather stiff breeze whipping across the Estate of Masters. Bailey took his first ever swim, hated it, and bailed out as quickly as possible. After the swim I lay prone in the late afternoon sun and squeaked out a little low-risk T.

At night I went to Tao with some Colorado friends and just sort of put it into cruise control. It's hard to maintain your A-game all day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to G during the wash cycle of L and then T during the dry cycle, knowing that my L might get taken out and thrown aside by someone else if my T runs too long. Also, I don't like T'ing unless there are hot chicks around to look at.

L

12:29 PM  
Blogger GnightMoon said...

Yeah but you don't need the T like I do.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home