Friday, September 15, 2006

Fantasy

The long-anticipated fantasy football draft finally went down tonight. I kind of got the shaft drawing the last/first picks of the first and second rounds, and on throughout the draft. With ten managers in the league I got the 10th and 11th picks and then had to wait basically two rounds before drafting my next two guys. It was kind of an ugly spot as I had to draft for position rather than talent not knowing if decent positional players would still be available the next time I picked. My team wound up like this:

Steven Jackson (RB)
Steve Smith (WR)
Jake Delhomme (QB)
Santana Moss (WR)
Willis McGahee (RB)
Todd Heap (TE)
Pittsburgh Defense
Jay Feely (K) mistake, ran out of time and he was auto-selected
Joe Horn (WR)
Keenan McCardell (WR)
Mike Bell (RB)
Jake Plummer (QB)
Mike Anderson (RB)
Brandon Lloyd (WR)
Santonio Holmes (WR)

I don't think I have the best team on paper, and its fate rests on Steve Smith's hamstring. If that goes, my team goes.
____

The Gambler won a seat in tonight's super satellite and will be joining us in the main event. It was pretty damn funny to watch the thing wind down as the short stacks got pretty snippy with each other while Joel coasted into the seat.
___

Paul has set his chances of cashing in the main event at around 40%. I think I'm around 20% and can't wait to get it going. This is one of the five best tournaments of the year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spencetron said...

You should have drafted more RB's early

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home