Saturday, September 16, 2006

Big Bluff Gone Bad at Borgata

Today I felt as comfortable and in control of the table as I have since playing at Canterbury a year ago. I cruised up to 40k from our 25k starting stack without playing a big pot mixing in an array of calldowns, bluffs, slowplays, and value bets. Then I played a huge pot with Jd9d, electing to call a reraise of an initial raise that I had called. When the flop came 987 with two hearts and a diamond I quickly shoved in after my opponent bet, confident he would fold his overpair. What I didn't count on was that he had reraised a mid-early position raise with TT and had reason to call with his draw which had me crushed 4:1. About half an hour later I lost a coinflip with AKs vs JJ and went up to the room.

I do think I am playing the best poker of my life right now and I'm more confident than ever that a MAJOR breakthrough is going to happen SOON.

The Gambler finished the day with 58k and the Fish has 107k.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home