Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Lesson Learned in the 5k


Basically today I played my butt off and played really good without much in terms of cards or favorable situations, and then I ended up check-calling my stack off with A6 against Chris Reslock's 53 on a board of A5253. I don't really have a problem with how I played the hand, though most of the money went in with me drawing to two outs and then on the river. The lesson I learned today is you can't play so tight that you have guys raising your big blind with 53 offsuit. If I had shown a little more tenacity in blind defense earlier in the day, I never would have been in the predicament.

At night I made the buy-in back (and then some) playing at some surprisingly weak 25-50 tables. Tomorrow will include sleeping in, perhaps a movie, a nice dinner, and the long awaited fantasy draft.
___


$1500 NL: +4775
$2500 NL: -2600
$5000 NL: -5200

Wednesday night (25-50 NL online): 3hrs, +8976

Year to date: 154,998

2 Comments:

Blogger Spencetron said...

who's #1 on your draft board? Reggie Bush? LT? I'd go for that amazing RB Rudi Johnson.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

Tear up those 5ks. Post some hands! I need it :). Keep it up!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home