Thursday, December 14, 2006

The 15er

Sometimes I feel like I'm never going to make that breakthrough. There are a lot of good players who never have. I feel like I may try and try and make some big runs and a few moderate final tables and get some chips late in big events but the real megascore is just not going to happen. Until it does, there will always be this nagging voice in the back of my head saying I am going to lose, that I can't win a big tournament.

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing so well, and I'm playing enough major tournaments, that a major final table and/or victory is going to happen in the very near future.

For the Five Diamond 15k main event, I did something I've never before done in my career. I sold a large portion of my action to a few different suitors. All told I will only have about 45% of myself in the tournament.

This is the third biggest tournament of the year. Would be a pretty decent time for that elusive breakthrough.
___

Bellagio 1k nightly Sunday night: -1080
10-20 co-op with gamblegambel Monday Dec 11 afternoon/evening: 4.5 hrs, -7652/2 = -3826
Supersatellite Tuesday: -1590
Live 25-50 Bellagio Tuesday afternoon: 3 hrs, +2480

Year to date: 226,563

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Look at it this way: I won't even be able to start working in my chosen profession for another two and a half grueling years; you're already there. I don't say that so much to bitch (though I've become excellent at that lately) as to point out that as much as I deny it sometimes, we're still young and have most of our professional lives ahead of us. I know you've made comments in the past that you're not sure how long you'll want to play poker but you enjoy doing it and you're able to do it in moderation so I don't see you getting burnt out any time soon. If you do decide to move on at some point, it will be because you've found something you enjoy more, but personally I don't see it happening anytime soon. That means you will have too many opportunities and too much ability for the breakthrough not to come eventually. Maybe it will come next month, maybe it will come next year, or maybe it will come in five years. Regardless, it will happen and it will be patience and confidence in your ability that gets you there.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

What he said :)

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home