Thursday, December 21, 2006

2006 Live Tournament Results

Live Tournaments Played: 72
Total Winnings: $153,931
Total Tournament Buyins: $188,163
Total Rake Paid: $8,965

Net: -$43,197

Total Buyins Received: 81.92
Net Buyins: +9.92

Buyin average per tournament: +0.14
___

While I was a winning live tournament player in 2006 in terms of buyins, I finished pretty far in the red because I did not cash in a $10k or larger event (having played several) and did not supersatellite (4 attempts) into a big tournament. My best results in terms of buyins won were in $2000, $1000, and $300 tournaments, respectively.

I still have nightmares about the $5k event at the WSOP where I made two or three major errors before finishing 11th for $32k. I have very few regrets since then. If I had avoided those late mistakes in the $5k, I would have been in great shape for at least 7th place ($117k) and maybe even had a shot at first ($818k). Unless your name is JC Tran, you just don't get that many opportunities at big scores like that and losing my grip on that one still kills me. That one result could/should have dramatically changed the numbers for the whole year.

3 Comments:

Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

Perhaps this was not an insanely good year in terms of money won...but compare it to last year. You are improving a ton Moon. This next year should be a very fun one - enjoy it!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Bag said...

Go Team Bag!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

You're supposed to give me poker advice not spelling tips. It's ok because I know I suck at spelling but that has nothing to do with how good my logic is :). I'll tear you up but I can't even spell supercalafragalisticexpaladocious. Kapishe?

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home