Friday, January 26, 2007

Day One Complete

I played on big pot the whole day, and it was another misclick debacle. On the last hand of the 200-400-25 level, the UTG player limped and I decided to limp in 2nd position with Ah3h. I hadn't been playing this sort of hand all day but my chips were up around 50k and no one at the table was doing any preflop bludgeoning. Daneshgar limped, the crappy player on the button limped, Fischman completed from the SB, and the BB rapped.

The flop came Ac4d3d and Fischman led out for 1100, his typical moderate bet. The amateur old guy on the button immediately said "raise" and the pickle began. The BB folded and it was up to me. The floor was called over and we carefully asked questions about what was going to happen. It was ruled the button would have to raise at least the minimum, even if others called. If one of us raised, then he could do whatever he wanted. I felt I probably had the best hand and was in a quandary as to how to play it. I decided raising at this point made no sense, so I called to let the button raise and then decide what to do.

Daneshgar then made a speech about how this was an unfair situation, as I would be able to raise when it got back to me. He was alluding to the squeezability of the situation. I decided if he put another chip in the pot I was done with the hand, as I thought he might be making that speech to get me to raise after he put his chips in. He reluctantly folded after a minute or so, and then the old guy quietly minraised. I didn't really think he had me beat. Fischman quietly called, and it was back on me.

I didn't really know what to do. It was a really dicey situation. There was no reason Fischman couldn't have the nuts. If he had the nuts, he would probably play it just like that. 52 was not in the old guy's range on the button, but he could have a set. I sorta doubted either had a set because it was such a risky flop to slowplay, even with the knowledge that I was probably raising when it got back on me. They both had less than 20k left. I eventually decided to just move all in. The old guy folded quickly, but Fischman was unable to fold his 5d2d and I had to ship about 22k his way.

I put together a bit of a rally in the last level, and finished the day with 38,975. I'm thrilled with my effort today. The one big hand was an absolute disaster, but my strong play before and after gives me a chance going into day two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home