Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Event #24 $5K NLHE Shootout

I have no idea how good I am at poker.

When I used to play cash games, I was very good, relative to my opponents. Since I switched predominantly to tournaments, I don't know.

I play events like this and wonder if I belong in them before, during, and after the fact. I felt like today I was the second best player at the table, but then, my opponents probably felt that they were in that neighborhood too.

I do some stuff at the table that looks fishy but is well thought-out.

I do some stuff at the table that actually is fishy.

I often see well-known pros do fishy stuff at the table. Sometimes it is well thought-out, sometimes it really is fishy. Sometimes they're unfocused, not playing their best.

Sometimes I don't play my best. Sometimes I do.

I thought this one kid at the table, Toby Lewis, was playing much better than anyone else. But after dinner, I thought he made some strategical errors.

Galen Hall, the Poker Hottie of the Day, has done some serious damage this year on the circuit. But I was talking to a friend today about his play, and he makes some major mistakes too. He doesn't always play his best.


It's a tough nut to crack, this poker.

Poker Listings published an article about me this evening.

I've never had a losing year.

I feel like my chances of finishing in the red are much greater than 50% this year - and every year in the future, too.

As Lou Reed would say, I guess that I just don't know.

The $2500 6-max is tomorrow.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nappy said...

2 questions:

1) what were you doing giving an interview with 4 players left in the shootout?

2) why did another dude make it on the "hotties" list? This has got to be the worst list in the history of lists. Any kind of list.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Eugene said...

#2 and do you care to elaborate specifically as to what errors are made?

2:25 PM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

I clicked on the link to the article but it said "page not found".

1:10 AM  
Blogger MandyMandie said...

I am a big fan of include men in the poker hotties list. If we are going to subject the poker women to discussions of whether they are hot or not, it is only fair to do it to the men too. Gender equality FTW.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Ryan Wanger said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Ryan Wanger said...

Fixed link

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home