Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Feelin' It

We started with 10k chips today in the $2500 NL. I got up to 12k after making a couple hands but then fell down to about 4k after a cold-deck/bad play and a lot of folding. Then I won two races and made a couple weird/nice plays. I have 27k at the dinner break but possibly the worst table draw of my life. Basically everyone there has a lot of talent, experience, and chips. I have a very tight table image and plan on maintaining it so my steals will continue to get respect. It's not going to be easy but once again I've got a shot at making some noise in a big tournament.

I've been making a lot of "feel" plays lately, laydowns and calls that don't really make sense analytically but I've been trusting my gut and for the most part it's been telling me the right things. 95% of hands are by the book of course but I think it's that 5% that separates a good player from a great player, and that's the level I'm seeking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home