Saturday, January 27, 2007

Day Two Dinner Break

It's been a vintage Moon short stack scrap - very few openings of pots, some timely all-in squeezes, absolute shit for cards. Meanwhile big stacks are blowing up all around me. I have a horrible seat with David Oppenheim's monster stack directly to my left. There were two other large stacks to his left, but they just went to war and one (probably the better player) was eliminated. So now there's Oppenheim with over 200k, some average dude with near 300k, and Kyle O'Donnell (a Strasser disciple) with some absurd amount over 300k to my left. The guys to my right are calmer, tighter players, which actually kind of sucks because it's hard for me to jam over the top of their raises (since they have hands). I can't open pots because of the big stacks to my left. I can't call raises cause I don't have the chips. I can't reraise cause no one in my vicinity is raising with crap. It's an ugly situation and I'm stuck waiting for cards, and I haven't had enough today. I was up to around 62k and as low as 23k in the last level, but won a key pot with QQ to bust a very short stack's AKs and then made two squeezes with KJ and JT to get to 50k.

I just keep telling myself good things will happen if I'm patient. The rush will eventually arrive if I hang around long enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home