Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Hate My Job

I hate poker right now, I really do.

Today was another laughable tournament. I had literally the worst starting hands I've ever had in my life. I doubled up twice on desperation moves that got called by better hands, then finally picked up my only real hand of the day, pocket jacks. I moved in and ran into pocket kings.

I've become one of those sad souls who curses the game, honestly believes he is unlucky, thinks everyone else sucks, but never has any success in poker. My inspiration for playing right now is basically to say fuck you to all the players I hate. There are a lot of players I see who really piss me off, for different reasons, and I want them to lose or go away. I really do want to win and I continue to believe I'm not playing badly, but I just can't get anything decent to happen, ever. Every day is some new twist of bad luck. During the last month I've lost every way possible - bad beats, bad plays, failed bluffs, epic coolers, missed draws, and on and on.

I really think it's lame for a poker player to complain about bad luck. I think anyone who plays poker should consider him or herself lucky to be able to do so. But I just feel so unlucky right now. I'm tired of losing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Sounds like a really terrible sports season where everything possible goes wrong for a team with moderate to high expectations. The good news is that unless you're the Cubs, there's alwasy next year. Your luck will eventually turn around.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has to turn around. My funk is in tourneys also. Seems like my wins at cash games are just supporting my tournament habit.

Too bad you're not hitting WPT in Reno. I left LA after 0 fer in the 2 tourneys I played. Although playing $5-10 NL with Dauber from the show "Coach" is always fun.

Good Luck.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home