Wednesday, February 21, 2007

#21 on the Lame Hall of Fame

Is kings against aces. I lost 9k of my 10k that way in the fourth level. I won some pots to get back up to 4500 before I was moved to my FIFTH table of the day. There were only eighteen tables to start the tournament and somehow I played at five of them in less than five hours of play. It was quite frustrating not knowing what was going on at a table, playing tight while trying to figure the players out, and then getting moved over and over. I was at 3200 in the small blind with the blinds at 100-200-25. A guy limped in early position and a huge stack limped behind him. I looked at ace-ten offsuit in the small blind and decided to move all-in. It's so hard coming to a new table with no idea how the guys play. When many players limp in early position, it's a huge scary sign. When an unknown, fishy looking guy does it, it doesn't mean much (and he also didn't look super excited when he put the chips in). With 925 in the pot and ATo I felt moving in made sense. I got slowly called by the first limper's AQs and the board came a frustrating KTxQx.

Within two hours Toph (an early victim with queens against David Matthew's kings) and I were in LA. Tomorrow there's a $1500 event that a bunch of us will play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home