Monday, February 05, 2007

A Tidy End to a Long Day(s)

I busted out on the very last hand of the night. The cutoff limped for 600, the small blind completed, and I shoved in for 10k from the BB with AcQc. It was really a value bet - I thought I might get called by a dominated hand that wanted to gamble at the end of the night, or thought I was making a move. The cutoff thought for about a minute and then called with AK. The flop came Kxx with no clubs.

I lost the other half of my chips an hour before when I raised to 1500 on the button with 88 and the BB jammed for about 10k more. I thought I had the best hand, so I called. I almost fell out of my chair when he showed aces. This had to be his worst available play, but it worked on me for full value so maybe he deserves some credit. I need to remember the uber tell that he was exhibiting, the stare-you-right-in-the-face-slightly-pissed-off-and-excited look. That one is always the nuts.

For some reason my phone is not working here. I apologize to anyone who needed to talk to me today.

Overall this will go down as a forgettable trip to an uninspiring locale with a nothing result. I did learn a few things, though, especially about lifestyle and planning. I come home Wednesday for a few days before heading to California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home